Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Oh Give Me a Home...

I found a really awesome house this weekend while househunting in St. Louis. The good news is that it is exactly my kind of house: turn of the century St. Louis world's fair kind of house (but smaller scale) and new! 8 foot doors, pocket doors, hardwood floors, stained glass windows, everything I could imagine. It is in an urban neighborhood, on a street that used to be synonymous with drug deals and prostitution, but which has been razed to build this neighborhood. Its near the Botanical Garden, the university hospitals and close to the highway that will get me to work.

The bad news is they won't sell me one. Seems they are so popular that rather than just selling houses in their phase 2 plan, they are going to have a lottery. Go figure. So I need everyone to keep their fingers, toes, arms, and legs crossed that I get in the lottery and win!

Otherwise I am back to square one in my search.

http://www.mcbridehomes.com/community.asp?cid=74

The link above will show you what it looks like!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

AnnBann Catamaran- your link to McBride homes doesn't work. But I won't fault you for it...you're a blogvirgin after all.

=)

2:14 PM  
Blogger shrunken girl said...

I am, you're right! So any suggestions on how to paste it in so it works are welcome! Thanks M!

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home