Thursday, February 07, 2013

The challenges of uploading to a government site

Yesterday the White house announced that applications were being take for the next round of the Innovation Fellows program. Usually I see things like this and think "Cool! Wish I had the time to do something like that!" but this time I thought "Cool! AND, I actually have the time to try to do something like that!" So, I clicked on the Apply Now link and began to fill out the application. It made me laugh to realize that the application template and backend for applying for an INNOVATION position with the government was actually not very innovative at all and, importantly, wasn't actually very user friendly. I won't go into the things I found interesting about it...other than I could not figure out at all how to paste my resume into the space provided. Perhaps not the government's fault but still. There is however a way to attach a link If only I could figure out how to link to my resume. Hmmmm.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home